The Anoki Story
When Naveed Khaliq first set eyes on the dilapidated old picture hall on London Road in Derby in 2002, he could never have imagined the success that was to follow.
Nav’s quest for perfection has taken Anoki into three counties and resulted in a brand which is renowned across the UK, achieving some of the highest culinary accolades and awards along the way.
Anoki Derby opened its doors in October 2003, establishing a reputation for serving up indulgent cuisine in luxurious surroundings.
Restaurants in Nottingham and Burton followed shortly afterwards – and with them, a loyal following of customers from across the UK.
Anoki, the Urdu for ‘unique’, combines the finest food and superlative service to create the ultimate dining experience.
Each dish is created using the finest ingredients to ensure unique character and flavour – from the lean cuts of melt-in-the-mouth meat, to fresh fish and hand-picked vegetables – all in their own spicy aromatic sauces that promise an explosion of flavour with each bite.
Culinary delights include old favourites like Chicken Tikka and Tandoori Vegetables, along with Mirch Masala Chicken and Lamb Desi.
Visitors travel to Anoki from across the globe to sample our unique and distinctive flavour.
From the vibe in the restaurant to the wonderful food created in the kitchen, it’s easy to see why Anoki has won a whole host of awards and accolades, including:
- Best Marketing Campaign - English Curry Awards 2015
- Retail Business of the Year - Derby Telegraph Business Awards 2014
- Excellence in Customer Service - Derbyshire Chamber Business Awards 2014.
- Best International Restaurant - Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards 2013
- Best International Restaurant - Derby Food and Drink Awards 2013
- Excellence in Customer Service - Derbyshire’s Best Business Award 2012
- 'Top 10 Indian Restaurant in the UK' - The Times
- 'Top 10 Restaurant for Parties' - The Times
- 'Top 10 Restaurant for Decor'- The Times
- 'Top 10 Hidden Gem in the UK' - Top Table
- Cobra Good Curry Guide 2013
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013 and 2014
- Best In Britain Award (BIBA) 2013 - Mood Food Magazine.
- Top 130 UK restaurants to dine in the under £50 - Sunday Times
- Winner of Best International Restaurant 2009 - Derby Food and Drink
- Best Indian Restaurant in Nottingham 2010 and 2011 - Michelin Guide
- Winner of Best Restaurant 2010 - Eat Out Awards